ASSTA hosts or sponsors (up to $5,000) a number of research events or workshops that aim to encourage and promote research in speech science and technology in Australasia. See the ASSTA Grants page for information on apply for funding for a research event.
- 2021 Māori Speech Hui
- 2018 ProsLang – Workshop on the Processing of Prosody across Languages and Varieties
- 2018 Second Workshop on Sociophonetic Variability in the English Varieties of Australia
- 2016 Workshop on Sociophonetic Variability in the English Varieties of Australia
- 2015 Workshop on how to apply linguistic knowledge to foreign language teaching and learning
- 2012 Workshop on the phonetic analysis of rhythm in Indigenous Languages
- 2011 Workshop on Pronunciation Check and TANDEM STRAIGHT