ASSTA Research Event Awards
The purpose of the ASSTA Research Event Awards is to encourage and promote research in speech science and technology in Australasia.
Research Events Awards are available for two classes of events:
- groundwork meetings for setting up new or strengthening existing research collaborations
- seminars or workshops on particular issues of note, new theories, procedures, approaches, etc.
The Research Events award is worth up to $5000. Applications for the awards will be called twice per year (usually 6 months apart) , and up to one award will be made in each round.
The closing date for the next round is Friday, 24th of March, 2016, for events that are to take place between July 2017 and July 2018. Only applications that fulfil the criteria listed below will be considered.
Research Events Awards Proposal Guidelines
The following principles are among those that these applications will be considered. While each application may not address all of these, they should be borne in mind when preparing your application. Research event applications should:
- Promote research activity in speech science and technology in Australia and New Zealand.
- Promote national and/or international collaboration in speech science and technology.
- Address a significant issue of topical interest in speech science and/or technology.
- Include participants from different spheres of activity, eg, academia and industry.
- Include participants at different stages of their research career, eg, established researchers / technologists and younger and / or early career researchers / technologists.
- Relate to an ongoing program of research or have definite benefits for establishing a program of research.
- Involve funds from other sources where possible.
- Be open and promoted to all ASSTA members
The principal applicant(s) must be:
- a long standing ordinary member of ASSTA (financial for at least 2 years continuous at time of application), and
- employed full-time in Australia or New Zealand.
There may be partner applicants who do not fulfil these criteria, but preference will be given to applications which include a critical mass of Australasian ASSTA members.
Applicants should complete the Research Events Awards Form. Complete applications should be posted or emailed to the ASSTA Secretary to be received no later than the closing date.